Choices, choices, choices…
College recruitment / internships
First, you chose a school. Then, you chose a profession. Now, it’s time to choose an internship. Here are the Top 10 reasons why you should choose Commonwealth.
10. You discover why we’re named a “Rockin’ Place to Work” – free concerts, cookouts, ball games, and more!
9. We’re ranked a 2017 Top 10 Design Firm by EC&M magazine and a 2017 Top 500 Firm by ENR.com.
8. You could be one of our great interns who enjoy successful careers at Commonwealth upon graduation.
7. We’re 100% employee-owned and managed, so you can potentially become both an employee & an owner.
6. You can be proud of our long history in the electric utility business, one which is well-known and respected.
5. You benefit from working directly with engineers who have extensive experience in the industry.
4. Our formal mentoring program moves you along the professional development spectrum quickly.
3. The sky’s the limit at Commonwealth. We’re growing and terrific new opportunities happen every day.
2. You are never just another new face at Commonwealth. We take the time to get to know you personally. And…
1. We don’t waste your time on the sidelines. At Commonwealth, you are on the front lines, learning Day One.
Interested? Don’t delay, as spots fill quickly. Apply today.
Career development / mentoring
Learning doesn’t stop with graduation. In fact, it has been suggested that’s where the real learning begins. That’s why, at Commonwealth, we stem the tide of engineering “brain drain” by ensuring that, on Day One, senior-level engineers begin the process of transferring information acquired over many years to upcoming leaders. It’s a truly powerful investment where employees directly benefit from decades of hands-on, real-world experience on projects of all types and sizes, both here and abroad, each with their own unique set of circumstances and challenges. At Commonwealth, your mentoring extends beyond engineering into business itself. You’ll learn how to compete for and win projects with top-rate proposals, grow your interpersonal skills in formal personal and professional development training classes designed to maximize your talent, and discover how to successfully navigate often complex legal and bureaucratic requirements. Unlike some companies, our mentoring does not stop after training. Whether you’ve been in the business for 3 months or 30 years, you can still learn new things every day at Commonwealth. Truly, the sky’s the limit.